Last Update: November 2020
ReadyWhen Tech Inc. (“ReadyWhen”) provides an accessible and secure digital vault so users can easily create and share their Estate plan. With a step-by-step guide to help you identify and store the right information, your loved ones will be protected from the onset for when the inevitable happens.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Information about our Website
- Safeguards and Retention
- Access to Information
- Contact Us
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information when you:
- Visit the Website
- Create an account on the ReadyWhen Product
- Use ReadyWhen to store, access, and manage your estate planning documents
- Designate individuals to join your Team as an Executor, Advisor, or Friend/Family Member
- Sign-up to receive marketing emails such as newsletters and blog posts
- Participate in our surveys
- Contact us with a comment, question or complaint
- Creating an Account: You do not have to register to visit or use our Website. However, you will be required to create an account prior to using the Product to upload your estate planning documents. We require certain information to create your User account, including your first and last name, email address , your location (i.e. province of residence), your phone number, and a password that you create. We use this information to create and administer your account. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
We generally prompt Users to upload and store information and documents relating to the following aspects of their estate plan:
- Will or Power of Attorney: You may choose to upload and store a copy of your Will and/or Power of Attorney (for Continuing Care or Property). We collect the information contained in these documents, which may include your named executor, your desired manner of having your assets distributed to named beneficiaries after your demise, and guardian information.
- Assets: You may choose to upload information about your ownership of real property, vehicles, and other assets (such as financial assets), in order to facilitate the planning and administration of your estate. We will collect the information you choose to upload, which may include your descriptions or pictures of your assets, records of transactions or payments, insurance information, and copies of any related documents (such as a deed, bill of sale, mortgage or loan note, or proof of coverage).
- Online Accounts: You may wish to upload and store information about your online accounts (such as your social media accounts or subscriptions to streaming services) in order to allow your Team Members to manage your accounts upon your death. We will collect the information you upload, which may include the URLs or weblinks to any of your social media pages, or a list of streaming services that you are subscribed to, and your instructions as to what you would like done with these accounts. For example, Facebook may offer you the option to have your account converted into a memorialized account from an active account upon your demise, etc. We strongly recommend that you do not upload any of your login information, passwords, answers to security questions, or other such credentials, etc. into the ReadyWhen Product.
- Health: You may choose to upload and store information about your health or your current or past treatment plan(s). We collect the information you choose to upload, which may include records relating to your prescription medications, documents relating to insurance coverage, and written instructions from you or your physician regarding your course of treatment.
- Team Members: You may designate individuals to join your Team in order to view, edit, and manage your documents on your behalf, and to co-administer your estate. When you designate an individual as a Team Member, we collect their first and last names, email, and information regarding their role on your Team (e.g. whether they are joining as your spouse, family member, or friends; as the executor of the estate; or as a professional advisor). We use this information to invite the Team Member to create an account on ReadyWhen.
If you are invited to become a Member on a ReadyWhen User’s Team, you will be required to create an account before you can view, update, or manage the User’s estate planning documents. We collect the following information to create your account: your name, email address, telephone number, and location (i.e. province of residence).
- Analytics: We also collect and use information about your use of the Product and Website (i.e. information about whether you are using the Product to upload documents, but not any of your estate information or the information contained in the documents you upload) to generate aggregated statistics, which we use for internal research and product improvement purposes. See “Analytics” under the “Information about our Website” section, below, for further information.
- Marketing Communications: If you sign-up to receive email marketing communications such as newsletters, we collect your email address as well as other information on an optional basis to help us tailor our communications to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated, de-identified form. We use this information to help us understand our users and to enhance our Website.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Website, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name and email address, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
Service Providers: Your personal information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the website, data storage, and providing advertising, marketing, and support services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions; however all your data storage uploaded into the Product is exclusively in Canada.
Legal and Compliance: We, and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of ReadyWhen Tech Inc., or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.